5 Things You Should Know About Africa Housing Awards (AHA)
The Africa Housing Awards (AHA) is the most prestigious awards ceremony in the Nigeria housing and construction industry. The award which will hold its 6th edition on the 15th December , 2022 at the International Conference Centre (ICC) Abuja has become a source of pride for stakeholders in the real estate business, companies and associated brands.
Recipients of the award are usually the most deserving as the award is only given on merit based assessment.
Below are the 5 important things you should know about this amazing event.
• The award is annually powered by Housing Development Advocacy Network in collaboration with various professional bodies in the housing industry with the support of housing program on AIT and TVC. It is widely recognized and endorsed as the premier and biggest awards ceremony in the sector.
• One of the strongest visions behind the organization of the award is to recognize and promote excellence in the Africa housing and construction sector. The award is establishing a culture of excellence, healthy competitiveness and the need to sustain standards and ethical practices. The award now prides itself as a serious advocate for the provision of mass affordable housing in Nigeria. The award promotes innovation and the need for alternative solutions to perennial housing problems in Nigeria.
• The award has honoured a lot of important public and private sector personalities like the former Senate President on Nigeria, Bukola Saraki; the present Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola; the present Governor of Kano state, Abdullahi Ganduje; the former Governor of Bauchi state, Mohammed Abubakar and many others for their important contributions to housing development in Nigeria.
• The award ceremony is a high level get together of the biggest names and brands in the Africa housing sector. Such rare moment affords stakeholders to dialogue, network and be inspired to collaborate on bigger projects. It is a must be event for housing sector stakeholders and brands.
• The Africa Housing Awards are decided based on public voting and not influenced by anyone. The nominees are thoroughly selected by the organizers after touring sites and projects before they are announced for public voting.