Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation Dr Betta Edu, on Tuesday inspected houses being built for Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Idu area of the FCT.
The one and two bedroom houses would be built to accommodate IDPs in states, as part of efforts to address multi dimensional poverty in the country, Edu said.
”The Tinubu administration is committed to providing shelter to accommodate at least five million displaced and vulnerable households in Nigeria.
“If you recall the federal government had just approved the humanitarian trust fund which has 30 percent donation from the government and the remaining 70 percent from donor agencies and individuals.”
The minister said work on a similar project for IDPs has commenced in Benue.
”The ground breaking of this project was done in Benue, and as we speak they have completed the clearing of about 10 hectares for the building of 40 houses,” Edu said.
She said the structures are easy to build, and this would speed up the provision of the houses to IDPs in different part of Nigeria, especially in Borno, Zamfara, Adamawa, Yobe and other areas. (NAN)