If you want to buy a plot from an estate developer, ask for the following and confirm them:
- Title document/allocation letter.
- Survey Plan/ Technical Drawing Plan (TDP) showing the perimeter and survey data of the estate plot.
- Approved detail site development plan by urban and regional planning department. Approved layout plan of the estate.
- Approved prototype house design and plan for your house.
- A copy of the layout plan showing your plot location.
Once these documents are made available to you, get an independent professional, for example, a surveyor or town planner, to verify these documents and ensure they are genuine and legitimate.
Physically visit the site.
Read the agreement, and also the allocation letter terms and conditions before you start payment.