In our congested social media world, we frequently overlook the value of meeting others in the corporate world face to face. Attending a conference or event in your industry can provide numerous benefits, particularly where relationship building is essential.
Being connected to other people who are active in your line of work while learning new content, latest research, and picking up the latest ideas has power. It’s easy to talk yourself out of participating in events, but your mindset will impact your results and can help bring about developmental changes in your profession and business.
The Housing Africa Conference is a cornerstone of the Nigeria housing sector, an initiative of the Association of Housing Corporation of Nigeria (AHCN), which is geared towards bringing together the brightest minds from government, the private sector, and the third sector each year to discuss the most pressing issues confronting the built and construction industry.
The conference has a reputation for attracting influential speakers and high-level attendees with regards to various housing challenges that it proffers solutions to, through strategic dialogue and engagement.
Each year, the event is organized to address the most pressing issues facing Nigeria’s housing sector, including keynote speeches, panel discussions, interviews and quick-fire presentations.
From daily struggles made worse by the cost-of-living crisis, to high rates of population and poor living conditions for Nigeria’s most vulnerable, many people are unable to explore the full housing potentials a country like Nigeria, who is regarded as the giant of Africa offers. This and other pressing issues are the focus of the Housing Africa Conference, hence initiating a change action.
Below are the benefits of attending the annual conference as highlighted by the event consultant, Festus Adebayo;
1. Knowledge: Most people in the built environment understand that knowledge, experience, and development when combined equal power. There is always something new to learn in such a fast-paced environment, whether it is a new tactic to bridge housing gaps, understanding the potential within upcoming or new housing markets and trends, or on a strategic level discussing housing challenges and opportunities with other leaders and peers. Overall, the Housing Africa conference is an excellent way to learn about new approaches to developing new housing solutions and business strategies.
2. Networking: One of the most important reasons to attend the 6th International Conference On Housing And Exhibition is the networking opportunities and value it brings to your role. The event provides the best platform for meeting the most important prospects, developing relationships with colleagues and clients, and engaging in one-on-one interactions with like-minded businesses or partners with whom you can collaborate and support in the future.
3. Profile Enhancement: Not only is the Housing Africa conference a brilliant way for sponsors and speakers to boost their reputation, but it’s also a fantastic way for you to build your personal brand or the company’s brand with others who could be your next client. It’s a known fact that taking an active stance in any sphere distinguishes you from competitors and peers while also opening up new opportunities on a personal level that will help you build your reputation.
4. Face-to-Face Meeting With Experts And Influencers: Housing Africa Conference, as a product of the umbrella body for all housing agencies, institutes, mortgage institutions, and some private property developers in Nigeria, provides you with first-hand access to housing influencers and idols that no other channel can.
5. Exhibition Opportunities: The Housing Africa Conference is a programme designed to benefit different organizations with some options of exposure through the display of their products and services, podium presentations, among others. The 6th edition of the conference offers yet another intriguing opportunity to business owners to showcase what they do, hence increasing their customer base as well as maximizing great profit.
The Housing Africa Conference is supported by a coalition of business, public and third sector partners with the 6th edition scheduled to hold on Tuesday, November 1 to Thursday, November 3, 2022 at the Landmark event center, Lagos.